Sound is an essential media containing a variety of information, and in everyday life, we communicate with speech, enjoy music, and perceive various situations around us through sound. Aiming to realize the advanced acoustic information processing similar to or exceeding that of humans, TMU-Ono Lab is working on signal processing and information processing for sounds. With focusing on microphone array signal processing, our recent research topics are low-latency real-time sound source separation, asynchronous distributed microphone arrays, sound-to-light conversion devices "Blinky", acoustic scene recognition, analysis of autism spectrum disorder speech, and so on. We are working on a wide range of studies from theory to real-world applications. Demo movies are here.
News & Topics
- Dr. Natsuki Ueno has joined our lab as a project assistant professor. (May 1, 2021)
- Yoshiki Masuyama, Takao Kawamura, Shuhei Yamaji, Yui Kuriki, Satoshi Motoyama, Kosuke Nishida, and Kenta Yamada have joined our lab. (Apr. 1, 2021)
- Koudai Mogi, Guansan Lian, Naoya Sato, Haruki Nammoku, and Motohiro Iwamoto have joined our lab. (Apr. 1, 2020)
- Dr. Yuma Kinoshita has joined our lab as a project assistant professor. (Apr. 1, 2020)
- Onolab web page is updated. (Apr. 1, 2020)
- Prof. Ono was elected as an APSIPA Distinguished Lecturer. (Feb. 19, 2020)
- An article of research activities at TMU-Ono Lab such as blind source separation, asynchronous distributed microphone array, sound-to-light conversion sensor "Blinky" has been published in an online journal, Impact. (Jun. 18, 2019)
- Takao Kawamura (Miyazaki Ryoichi's lab in National Institute of Technology, Tokuyama Colledge) has joined our lab as an internship student. (until Aug. 1, 2019) (Jun. 4, 2019)
- Prof. Laurent Daudet (Universite Paris Diderot / LightOn, France) visited our laboratory. (May 21, 2019)
- We participated ICASSP 2019 (Brighton, UK) and presented three papers. (May 17, 2019)
- Chiho Haruta, Kouei Yamaoka, Kanta Takeiri, Taishi Nakashima, Kyosuke Sumiyoshi, Hideto Kawauchi, Fumiya Kobayashi, and Kanato Ishii have joined our lab. (Apr. 1, 2019)
- Prof. Ono was selected as Speech Recognition field - 100 Most Influential Scholars by AMiner. (Mar. 11, 2019)
- An interview with Professor Ono has been published in Shake Hands vol. 8, the technical information magazine of RION Co., Ltd. (Jan. 7, 2019)
- We participated in APSIPA ASC 2018 (Honolulu, USA) and presented three papers including collaborative works.
Also, we received APSIPA 2018 Best Paper Award for the following paper. (Nov. 15, 2018)
Shinichi Mogami, Norihiro Takamune, Daichi Kitamura, Hiroshi Saruwatari, Yu Takahashi, Kazunobu Kondo, Hiroaki Nakajima and Nobutaka Ono, "Independent Low-Rank Matrix Analysis Based on Time-Variant Sub-Gaussian Source Model," Proc. APSIPA ASC, pp.1684-1691, Sep. 2018.
- IWAENC 2018 was held in Tokyo, Japan. We presented one paper and one demonstration. Prof. Ono served as a Technical Program Chair. (Sep. 20, 2018)
- We participated EUSIPCO 2018 (Rome, Italy) and presented two papers. (Sep. 7, 2018)
- We participated ICASSP 2018 (Calgary, Canada) and presented one paper. Prof. Ono and three other researchers gave a tutorial talk: "Blind Audio Source Separation on Tensor Representation". Also, we presented a low-latency realtime blind source separation, which is a collaborative work with RION Co., Ltd. (Apr. 20, 2018)
- Takumi Shinohara, Ryotaro Ishihara, and Daiki Horiike have joined our lab. (Apr. 1, 2018)
- Dr. Yukoh Wakabayashi has joined our lab as a project assistant professor. (Apr. 1, 2018)
- We received Student Paper Award for the following paper at the 2018 RISP International Workshop on Nonlinear Circuits, Communications and Signal Processing (NCSP'18) (Mar. 8, 2018)
Moe Takakusaki, Daichi Kitamura, Nobutaka Ono, Shoji Makino, Takeshi Yamada and Hiroshi Saruwatari, "Ego-Noise Reduction for Hose-Shaped Rescue Robot Using Basis-Shared Semi-Supervised Independent Low-Rank Matrix Analysis," Proc. NCSP, Mar. 2018.
- Our lab's web page has opened.（Oct. 13, 2017）
- Dr. Robin Scheibler has joined our lab as a project postdoc researcher. (Oct. 2, 2017)
- Dr. Nobutaka Ono has joined Tokyo Metropolitan University as a Professor. (Oct. 1, 2017)